Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Hartke 3500 or Ampeg B2R?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by jimbass55, Sep 4, 2002.

1. I have seen these for relatively the same price used. Which one is better overall? Give me YOUR opinions, don't tell me it depends on the style of music and tone that I want. Just a general overview. Thanks.

2. ndjx

ndjx

Oct 26, 2001
    MN
    Well if you want the loudest the Hartke HA3500 is it. I prefer the tone of the B2R to the Hartke. It just sounds alot better to my hears, I guess it's really just a matter of preference. I think you should try them before you buy... it would make alot more sense. You don't wanna come home with something you think sucks.

3. i to prefer the tone of the B2R, and when i tested the 2, i honestly couldn't hear much difference in their volumes, spose it all depends what cabs your going through.

*Si*

4. I would play them both from top to bottom, but they both come highly recommended, and buying them over the Internet I don't have a chance to listen to them. So I was wanting some general opinions. Thanks for your help

5. I just bought a B2R after listening to it, the Hartke 3500, and an Ashdown. The Ashdown sounded like ANUS, while the Hartke was nice but I didn't have the time to mess around with all the eq controls. I plugged the ampeg in and right away, without even using the EQ, I had very nice tone, so I bought the Ampeg B2R.

6. Thanks for the help guys. I played about 5 heads at Mars yesterday. I liked the Hartke 3500 and the SWR 4004 the best(In the 400-599 price range) The Hartke was the loudest and most powerful at 8 ohms. I found a great deal on a used one for $225 out the door. Needless to say it is sitting in my jam room at the moment. Thanks again.( By the way the deal was my SWR 1 x 15 and $250 for an Ampeg SVT 410hlf and the Hartke 3500, I only paid $200 for the SWR so I got a steal.)