Hartke 3500 owners,please HELP?????

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by DUBZ, Nov 27, 2000.

1. DUBZ

Aug 28, 2000
    I bought the Hartke 3500 today (second hand ) the guy was asking £300 but i got him down to £190 because the solid
    state control knob is missing? i played the amp through my Peavey 210tvx & it kicked butt,i then travelled the very long way home like a child on xmas eve ( band rehersal tonight )i couldnt wait to play it to the rest of the guys!
    everything was going fine when into our third song the 3500
    just cut out!upon inspecting for loose leads etc i noticed how hot the top left hand rear corner was & then i realised that the fan was not working( horror )the amp obviously has a safety device that cuts it out when getting to hot ( thank God )my question is,are the fans dear to replace & am i right ref:the amp cutting out due to getting hot??? I cant believe i have been ripped off!!!!please help,thanks in advance,Dubz.....
  2. Munjibunga

Munjibunga Total Hyper-Elite Member Gold Supporting Member

May 6, 2000
    San Diego (when not at Groom Lake)
    Independent Contractor to Bass San Diego
    Fan oughtta be pretty cheap.
  3. DUBZ ,
    Very sorry to hear about your bad luck.

I’ve phoned my tech. Guy in London and he says it should cost about £ 35 to £40 to replace the fan, so in Wales it should be more or less the same. He also says that the safety cut out would have activated and that it’s unlikely to have done any damage. The fan actually costs £20, so if you’re handy with a soldering iron you could save a bit of money. If you’re not, don’t attempt it.

Look on the bright side, for £190 you got an amazing deal on that head.
    Don’t let this put you off your new amp, once fixed, I’m sure you will be glad you bought it. It’s just one of those things. (I once bought a brand new Mesa Boogie 400+ that packed up after about ten hour’s use, and yes, I was a bit P’d off :mad: )

Why not phone the guy you bought it from. If he has got a conscience, he might give you something towards the repair.
    Worth a try.

If I can be of any further help, or want to talk to my repair guy, email me.

[Edited by Spike on 11-28-2000 at 07:55 AM]