Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Hartke 3500 versus GK 400RB-III head

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by bassist31588, Jan 21, 2003.

1. Hartke = 350 watts @ 4 ohms/240@ 8
    GK = 240 @ 4/150@ 8

The compare headroom. And the tone wold most likely be better on the Gallien Krueger? Anyone w/ experience wanna give this a shot:) ?

(I have atleast 2 months until I get ANYTHING, so I'm just gettin' reviews and comparisons. Best thing is to try 'em out myself, but Im not doin that until I have the money to buy something.

2. Seems some feel that Hartke electronics aren't as reliable as average gear, however I see more and more busy professional players using Hartke heads.
    You may prefer the graphic EQ feature of the Hartke.

My GK200MB has been good to me all these years, So I wouldn't hesitate to recommend the 400RB.

The difference in power is insignificant, but kudos for looking up the 4 and 8 ohm ratings.

b

3. Cantstandsya

Cantstandsya

Jul 27, 2001
    Fontana, CA
    The new 400RB puts out 280 watts @ 4ohms.The new 700RB is 480 watts @ 4ohms.The new 1001RB is 700 Watts @ 4ohms.You might want to check one of those out.I believe they also have a new/redesigned preamp(less hiss)and they are the same price as the old ones.