Hartke 3500 with Sansamp vs. Eden Wt300

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by ChrisIsOurTime, Jan 15, 2002.

1. ChrisIsOurTime

Oct 9, 2001
    I currently own a Hartke 3500 which I hate. Its making my life miserable. I've been considering buying a Sansamp bass driver to go with it or just selling it and buying a better amp. Problem is I'll only have the money from the Hartke and an extra $150 towards a new amp. I've looked at SWR and GK but they aren't much better. The only decent thing I've found is a used Eden.

I like the warmth and smoothness of the Eden but it sounded a little thin. I'll be using it alot for a rock band and I don't know how it will work out. Will it be as loud as the Harke?

Any advice is much appreciated.

I really hate Hartke.

2. What's wrong with the Hartke? Power, sound, or a funny name? ;)

Edens will kick arse in a live rock situation, but you'd be better off looking at a WT400 - the extra 100w is handy and kinda necessary if you're fighting loud guitars.

You might still want a SansAmp as well, for the grind.

If an Eden sounds thin, look at a new cabinet(s) or try EQing the thing - thin is (IME) not the word you'd use to describe the Eden sound...
  3. EsTeBan

Dec 15, 2001
    Puerto Rico
    What's wrong with the Hartke?

I have one, and I'm very happy with it. It took a little time to EQ it to get the sound I wanted, but there are a lot of tonal options between the 9-band graphic EQ and the Contour knobs. Give it a little time and play with the knobs.

If you decide you don't like it, go try all the amps you can and buy the one that YOU think is best. Don't let anyone influence your ears.

PD. Buy or try out the SansAmp, it's a great piece of equipment (not literally, it's small in size)

Good Luck...
  4. How was it eq'd, what bass were you using? With my peavey Cirrus 5, the thing is anything but thin, with very minimal Eq.

I have a SABDDI... it adds nothing neccessary to the Eden tone. Its different, but i prefer the eden sound better.

p.s I play rock, and cut though like a hot knife in butter...