Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Hartke 3500

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by AllodoX, Jul 16, 2002.

1. ndjx

ndjx

Oct 26, 2001
    MN
    Congrats! I really like that amp, now if only I was good with the graphic EQ... or had the money to buy one for that matter. Since we're on the subject of Hartke can anyone comment on the HA3000 model?

2. How is that head Allodox? I was thinking about trying it out. What cabs did you power with it? Give some info please.

3. I.'.I.'.Nakoa

I.'.I.'.Nakoa Guest

Aug 10, 2000
    Fort Worth.
    Its a great head... Wouldnt trade it for anything(Except maybe that big Aguilar head). I use a sonic 4x10 and a peavey 115bw with mine and I never have volume problems. I think the head may be a bit underrated, it seems louder than the ampegs and other brand 350 watt heads.. We played the school talent show, about a 500+ seat auditorium with a balcony, and my amp was on like 2 and I was heard perfect... and we werent going through a P.A. or anything..

4. cassanova

cassanova

Sep 4, 2000
    Florida

Congrats Chokesoncox ;)

You posted asking about this head a few months back. Glad to see ya finally got it. It should offer ya years worth of good tone.......how much did it cost if i may ask?

5. how's the head ? well..

** AllodoXian grunt voice on **

ROAARGH !! me like !

** AllodoXian grunt voice off **

i have it connected to an Eden CX210, which runs at 250w/8ohms.. the head does 240w/8ohms :)

the Eden will be replaced with a Peavey 810tvx in a couple of months ( 3.. maybe 4 )

it sounds very nice.. the tube-preamp gives the sound a nice warm touch and the 2-band and 10-band eq's give you infinite possibilies :)

6. soularis

soularis

Jul 3, 2003
    Illinois, USA
    Yeah I read the manual yesterday :eek: it doesn't have EQ like the HA4000 does, it has the +/- 15 dB knobs that allows you to adjust four ranges like bass, mid, mid-low (if I'm not mistaken), and high. That's it. 300 Watts @ 4 Ohms, two 1/4" speaker outputs, variable speed fan, shape and intensity functions, mutable. Pretty simple, which I like a lot, and am considering this head as my first head.

7. mastadulog

mastadulog

Jan 13, 2003
    NYC fo sheezy
    i'm also thinking about trading in my 2000 for a 3000. what i lose in tone versatility i'd gain in features and power. i also like the preamp out since i dont have one and no need to worry about blowing any tubes ;)

8. soularis

soularis

Jul 3, 2003
    Illinois, USA

how much is HA2000 different in tone?

yeah, the HA3000 has both XLR preamp-out and direct out which is pre-eq and pre-shape

9. DWBass

DWBass The Funkfather

I own one. I use Avatar 2x10 and 1x15 cabs with it. Pretty nice so far. No problems being heard.

10. Munjibunga

Munjibunga Total Hyper-Elite Member Gold Supporting Member

May 6, 2000
    San Diego (when not at Groom Lake)
    Independent Contractor to Bass San Diego
    I had a 3500. I liked it a lot. The End.

11. cassanova

cassanova

Sep 4, 2000
    Florida