Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Hartke 3500

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by funkyflea, Jul 27, 2002.

1. Is the Hartke 3500 a good amp.
    I think its verry intersting because of his price, but what about the quality, tone functions and that stuff.
    And I saw a cabinet to go with it, but is it any good? Its a hartke vx410

If any1 has something usefull to say i'd like to hear from you

2. i've played on a 3500 for the last few years...and i think that you can make it sound pretty damn good if you run it through a good cab...it's pretty versatile, you can get a lot of sounds out of it, and it's reliable too....

3. ndjx

ndjx

Oct 26, 2001
    MN
    The head is great, you can get a wide variety of sounds almost anything you want you just have to know how to work with the EQ. As for the cab don't even mess with it. If you want something cheap at least go with the Transporter (TP) series of Hartke cabs just stay away from those "Very Extreme" :rolleyes: cabs.

4. The Hartke 3500 head is great. The best head to get different kinds of tones.

Don't even get the "Transporter" cabinets. They're bad too. If you want a hartke cab go for the 4.5XL or something in that series. There the best Hartke cabs. If you think that it is too expensive then look for different cabs. You can get great cabs for cheap at www.avatarspeakers.com or find good used deals around. I use avatars that's why i mentioned them. The Hartke 3500 goes great with them cabs. Good Luck.

later

5. ndjx

ndjx

Oct 26, 2001
    MN
    The TP cabs are ok not anything great I was just saying at least buy those instead of those sh*tty VX cabs. The Pro series cabs are awesome. However those are pretty darn expensive. Go with the XL if you have the dough otherwise maybe Avatar might be the way to go.

6. JoelEoM

JoelEoM

Mar 11, 2002
    Lancaster, PA
    the head is a great choice, built solidly, very versatilie, like others have said, once you learn the EQ, which doesnt take long at all. go with it, i doubt you'll be disappointed. as for cabs, again, do NOT buy the VX series, or the TP series cabs. if youre going to buy hartke cabs, check out the 4.5XL first, and if you have the cash, the 4200. make sure you try these first though, as hartke cabs have a very individual sound, and generally, you like it or you dont. these cabs are definitiely not as warm as other cabs ive tried, so if youre going for that, try the avatars(though ive not used them, from what others are saying, they cant be beat for the price) you might also want to check out bag end, if you can afford it:D. do check out peavey cabs if you can, i know the name turns a lot of people off, but if thats the case just pull the emblem off the cab, and no one will know the difference.

7. ZuluFunk

ZuluFunk

Apr 14, 2001
    Pennsylvania
    In my opinion:

It is a GREAT head for practicing alone.
    It is a PRETTY GOOD head for rehearsals.
    It is a DECENT head for gigging small rooms.
    It is an ADEQUATE head for a back up/ emergency.
    It is a LAME head for bigger rooms/ louder gigs.

So, I guess it depends what you need to do with it.