Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Hartke 3500

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Alexvs, Dec 23, 2000.

1. Alexvs

Alexvs

Oct 18, 2000
    Kalmar, Sweden
    Please tell me everthing you know about this amp.
    Give my your own thoughts about sound, quality etc.

Alex

2. Jeffrey A-Bomb

Jeffrey A-Bomb Drink Coffee & Destroy Supporting Member

Oct 14, 2000
    Silver Spring, MD
    I used to have a 3500 and I thought it was pretty nice.. A bit noisy, but the overall tone quality wasn't bad.. But now I have a carvin r1000 and it blows the hartke away :) Just my opinion though..

3. I'm using a 3500 with Hartke 410 & 115XL cabs. I agree it is a bit noisy, but I don't use that much high end, so it is easy to EQ much of it out. Other than that, I like a lot. I think it gets a great sound, can punch with any other comperably rated amp, and has been pretty tough. It has had its fair share of abuse. I use it with my fretless 5 and it handles it great.

4. Munjibunga

Munjibunga Total Hyper-Elite Member Gold Supporting Member

May 6, 2000
    San Diego (when not at Groom Lake)
    Independent Contractor to Bass San Diego
    There are a ton of threads on this amp. Do a search.

Anyway, I had one. I liked it. I still like it.

5. I looove this amp! it's a current part of my main rig =) enough power for any gig I play and tone for any type of music b/c of the 10-band eq!

-Willz

6. Matthias

Matthias

May 30, 2000
    Vienna, Austria
    I had a Hartke 2000 for 8 years, simple and reliable, good EQ.
    Only downside: the cooling fan was VERY loud, maybe this is better with the newer models - if you plan to do very quiet stuff (e.g. small 'acoustic' gigs) too or want to practice in your living room you should keep that in mind.
    In loud bands this is not a topic.

Matthias