Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Hartke 4000 Problems

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Rumzini, May 22, 2004.

1. Rumzini

Rumzini

Feb 14, 2004
    Jackson, MI
    Last year when I first got my 4000 I had problems with the protect circuit/light coming on...making the amp go on and off for about a minute or so. It was sitting next to a Tech 21 guitar stack and when it was moved away from it it stopped...until now. The other night at my very first audition for a band, after about an hour of playing...it happened again. this time the stack was sitting next to a Peavey Bandit 112 and a Bheringer 412 cab. Fortunately I allready had done enough playing to get the gig with them. But now they are worried about problems occuring on stage...rightfully so.

Has anyone had this problem. Anyone have a fix. At this point I don't have any extra cash to go get a new head so I have to stick with this one.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

2. Eric Moesle

Eric Moesle Supporting Member

Sep 21, 2001
    Columbus OH
    Get it to an authorized repair center or an emminently qualified local tech. There's rarely anything an end-user can do with these things unless they have a background in electronics.

3. Is there a problem with the cab or with the speaker cable? Speaker cables can short out, I saw a powered mixer literally go up in smoke when the speaker cable shorted out inside the connector.

And if you're trying to run below 4 ohms, that's not good either.