Hartke 410XL, any thoughts?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by ardorx, Apr 25, 2005.

1. ardorx

Sep 23, 2004
    Sugar Land, TX
    So yesterday I went to trade in my old peavey 2x10 for store credit or something. But then the bass manager tells me he'll trade me a Hartke 410XL. So now i have one. I'm using it ontop of my Genz Benz 410. All this being powered with a QSC RMX1450 and Sansamp. So if anyone who reads this cares to let me know what they think, feel free. :)
  2. xshawnxearthx

Aug 23, 2004
    new jersey
    i had a 4.5xl. at low volumes it sounded ok, at high volumes, i wanted to throw it out of a movingcar.
  3. Sounds like you got a good deal.....As long as it's the XL stuff...of course my profile shows why I'm alittle biassed :)
  4. ardorx

Sep 23, 2004
    Sugar Land, TX
    haha, yes I see that. I haven't gigged with it yet, but I've had the volume up in my room and so far, so good.
  5. BartmanPDX

BartmanPDX Supporting Member

I was kind of hating the tinny, trelbe-heavy sound from my 410XL recently, so I bought an Avatar 212 ($321 delivered). Now I'm LOVIN' my rig -- the 410XL has a nice treble punch, and the 212 fills in the low end the Hartke was missing by itself. While I liked the 212 a lot by itself, paired with the 410XL, it's giving me the "wall of sound" I was looking for.

Now if I can just get my hands on a REALLY cheap good preamp. :D

My wife is beginning to question having a full stack in our living room. She just doesn't understand proper "decor". :D I will admit, though, it's a big change from the Bassman 25 I had bought as my inconspicuous upstairs practice amp. :bag:
  6. ardorx

Sep 23, 2004
    Sugar Land, TX
    yeah, I'm liking it with my genz benz 410 on the bottom. It's like an 8x10 with 2 different sets of 410s. Actually, I got this to hold me out until I order an Avatar 212. :rolleyes:
  7. I didn't like the 410XL at all. Not enough lows, not enough highs. The 4.5XL was a vast improvement. But my tastes may not match yours.

8. MrBonex

Jan 2, 2004
    New Hampshire
    Hey Bartman,

You want a great, cheap preamp? Yamaha PB1.

By far the best price/performance ratio money can buy IMHO.

Great EQ, great crossover, great headphone amp for practice, great reliability. It's got it all. And did I say cheap?

You can find 'em for under $150.

And no, I'm not selling mine.
  9. With all the Hartke stuff I have I admitt I have'nt played thru the 410XL but I do play thru the 215XL and I can get earth shaking lows and great highs and everything in between. At 110lbs I put casters on the cab and move it mostly by myself.... so I guess the trade off for the sound I like is mobility