1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Hartke 410XL Series Dual Inputs??????

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by 4Banger4, Jun 9, 2011.

1. 4Banger4

4Banger4

Mar 21, 2011
    Indianapolis IN
    I need to replace the 1/4" inputs on the used Hartke 410xl series cab I bought with speakons. When I took the plate off it looks like two of the speakers are wired together and the +/- goes to a connect bar between both 1/4" inputs.. the same for the other two speakers. So does this mean to run all for speakers you need to have 2 output cables from your head to drive all 4 speakers? I thought it was an input and an extension port but seems to not be the case. Any clarifying help would be appreciated. Can I just use 1 speakon and put both +wires to the 1+ and both -wires to the -1 on the speakon input?

Sorry for the ignorance.

- g

2. gillento

gillento

Oct 15, 2005
    Luxembourg, Europe
    Nordstrand pickups
    I have no idea about the right Speakon wiring, but you only need ONE speaker cable to drive the XL410 properly...(I have no idea of yours, but mine was an early one, rated at 240watts only and needing A LOT OF POWER, but it sounded like the bomb!