1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Hartke 410XL vs Fender Bassman 410

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by T-Forty, Sep 26, 2008.

1. T-Forty

T-Forty Guest

Mar 14, 2008
    Which and why?

The Hartke is 400 watts at 8ohms

The Fender is "700 Watts (Program), 350 Watts (Continous) Handling Capability "....what does this mean?

Also the Hartke has their aluminum cones and the fender has "Fender Special Design Eminence" speakers..not sure if these are alu or paper?

Also it would be set up with an ampeg solid state head, which is still to be purchased.

2. T-Forty

T-Forty Guest

Mar 14, 2008
    Cmon. Where are the midnight cab experts?

3. danomite64

danomite64

Nov 16, 2004
    Tampa, Florida
    The Harke's 400 watts is the continuous measure, not program (which means 'peak' I think). So it's 50 watts more than the Fender. The Fender speakers are paper, I think; I've never seen an aluminum cone Fender cab.

4. T-Forty

T-Forty Guest

Mar 14, 2008
    buuump

5. bassermaniac

bassermaniac

Jun 30, 2007
    fender.i don't know why though

6. MyUsernameHere

MyUsernameHere ?????????????

Nov 3, 2007
    Lexington KY
    ^ Having never played the Fender, I would have to advise you to purchase the Hartke.

Unlike my other esteemed forum-members, who shall remain nameless, and who have chosen to give you uneducated opinions on this subject, I have reached my conclusions through rigorous psychic channeling of numerous celebrity ghosts...all of who think the Hartke's definitely the way to go.