hartke 4x10

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by cobrasneverdie, Dec 25, 2003.

1. i got a harke 4x10 and was wondering what cabs would compliment it nicely? for those who have one and run another cab with it what do you run?
  2. my 4x10 makes the E string sound muddy. if i got a 1x15 would that help it out? should i get a 1x15 or a 4x10 to compliment it?
  3. BillyB_from_LZ

BillyB_from_LZ Supporting Member

Sep 7, 2000
    If the 410 makes mud with the E string, it doesn't make much sense to me to add another. Try the 15. I like the sound of 10s and 15s together.
  4. ok thanks man. any suggestions?
  5. BillyB_from_LZ

BillyB_from_LZ Supporting Member

Sep 7, 2000
    Well, I build most of my own cabinets and use EVM 15L or 15B speakers. I recently took the easy way out and bought an empty Avatar CB115H and loaded it with a spare EVM15L...sounds great.

I'm not sure what's available in the Quad Cities, but look around and try different cabinets. If you want a new cab and you're willing to have it shipped to you, it hard to beat Avatar for price/performance. There are a lot of fine used 1x15s out there at bargain prices too...like Peavey. You can read up on different cabinets here, on www.harmonycentral.com (in the guitar amp section) and on www.bgra.net

Have fun!!!!
  6. Scott D

Scott D

Apr 21, 2003
    Minneapolis, MN
    When i had a Hartke 4x10, I used it with a Peavey 1x15 (newer). Alot of low end there.
  7. I use a hartke115 with my 410's, biamped, it screams!