1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Hartke 5000 Biamp - Question on Watts

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by winstonthecat, Jun 18, 2007.

1. I am looking at buying a used Hartke 5000, and am a little confused on the wattage rating. Here are the power ratings from the Hartke site:

The amp has four 1/4 outputs, labled 8 Ohms each. Two for high-frequency and two for low-frequency.

For Bi-amp operation, I will be connecting an Ampeg SVT-210 (8 ohms) to the high-frequency output, and an Ampeg SVT-15EN (8 ohms) to the low frequency output.

Are these speakers now in parallel, for a total of 4 ohms?

Or since this is bi-amped, and the output is seperate for the channels, am I simply running two 8 ohm speakers from two "amps", so I am getting 170 Watts into each speaker?

Could I hook up four cabs to this amp to get the maximum 500 watts output?

Thanks for any clarifications!

2. watspan

watspan

Nov 25, 2002
    madison, wi
    you are correct in your analysis--the rig you described, run bi-amp is 170+170. you could also run an extra 8 ohm cab both high and low for 250+250. I run a ha5000 in an ampeg pr1528he (single cab w/ 1x15 + 2x8) each which can be run as 4 ohm in bi-amp. my band mates like the tone as much if not better than my thunderfunk!

3. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jan 27, 2021