Hartke 5000. = mono 500 Watts, or just 250 + 250?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Dutch, Feb 27, 2002.

1. Hi guys (& girls of course), I recently bought a used Hartke 5000 with an Ampeg cab (1x15, 200 watts @ 8 Ohm). I am wondering before I blow up my cab: if I switch it to mono, will it give me 500 (250 + 250) watts or just the 250 watts from one of the two amps? Can anybody help me out with this? The Hartke site or manual is not very clear about this.

2. Well If the HA 5000 is like the HA7000 wich i think it is. On mono it will give you 250 watts out of both amps in full range. While Bi-amp will give you 250 watts out of both amps one with high frequencies one with low frequencies. That is how i figured it but maybe I am wrong. I am sure someone will tell me if I am.
  3. jerry

jerry Doesn't know BDO Gold Supporting Member

Dec 13, 1999
    I don't think you can bridge the poweramp on the Hartke.....I have a older 7000 and I can only get 350 per side out of it......nice amp for the money otherwise!
    Aloha, Jerry
  4. I run my HA-7000 biamped through a carvin RL1-18 and a Genz-Benz XB2-10 and it sounds incredible. If you plan on getting the ful wattage out of your amp you may want to take a look into biamping. It gave me the tome I was looking for and couldnt find anywhere else.
  5. Thanks guys, I guess I'm gonna start saving some money (again) and start looking for a second hand 2x10" or something and use the Bi-Amp option.
  6. Invasion of the Dutch people has begun ! :D
  7. Word!