Hartke 5000 users gather round...

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Marley's Ghost, Jul 25, 2002.

1. Marley's Ghost

Marley's Ghost Gold Supporting Member

Feb 9, 2002
    Tampa, FL
    Just picked my 5000 up this week :D I am bi amping to my SWR WM 1X15 and 2X10 cabs. I wanted opinions/observations on eq, comp, crossover, tube and SS preamp settings from my fellow TB'ers. I play mostly classic rock with some funk and heavy metal.:)

2. Marley's Ghost

Feb 9, 2002
    Tampa, FL
    bump.

sniff..nobody wants to reply to my thread..boo hoo..

3. JoelEoM

JoelEoM

Mar 11, 2002
    Lancaster, PA
    i dont have a 5000, but the preamps in those are all the same, save the new ones w/o the graphics.
    i generally leave the lows flat, boost the mids at 125-500, and cut the rest. low contour...not sure, i had to replace the pot because the shaft on the original broke off....the radio shack pot i used in it though gives me a lot more bass than before. high contour is usually 9-12 oclock. i never use the compressor, i really dont even know why its in there. SS preamp is off, tube pre right around 5. i played metal for awhile, with my 2000, and i found you dont need a lot of lows at all, or else its just mud, especially with heavy guitars/double bass drum. with funk stuff, i usually add some more lows, most of the guitarists i play with use pretty thin settings. classic rock....boost the mids a little, you'll cut thru better. good luck with this head, you'l enjoy it:)

4. Marley's Ghost

Feb 9, 2002
    Tampa, FL
    Thanks dudes.

Rage,

I did a search, somehow I missed that thread :oops: :confused:

Boy am I a dummy :(