Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Hartke 5000 users gather round...

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Marley's Ghost, Jul 25, 2002.

1. Marley's Ghost

Marley's Ghost Gold Supporting Member

Feb 9, 2002
    Tampa, FL
    Just picked my 5000 up this week :D I am bi amping to my SWR WM 1X15 and 2X10 cabs. I wanted opinions/observations on eq, comp, crossover, tube and SS preamp settings from my fellow TB'ers. I play mostly classic rock with some funk and heavy metal.:)

2. Marley's Ghost

Feb 9, 2002
    Tampa, FL
    bump.

sniff..nobody wants to reply to my thread..boo hoo..

3. JoelEoM

JoelEoM

Mar 11, 2002
    Lancaster, PA
    i dont have a 5000, but the preamps in those are all the same, save the new ones w/o the graphics.
    i generally leave the lows flat, boost the mids at 125-500, and cut the rest. low contour...not sure, i had to replace the pot because the shaft on the original broke off....the radio shack pot i used in it though gives me a lot more bass than before. high contour is usually 9-12 oclock. i never use the compressor, i really dont even know why its in there. SS preamp is off, tube pre right around 5. i played metal for awhile, with my 2000, and i found you dont need a lot of lows at all, or else its just mud, especially with heavy guitars/double bass drum. with funk stuff, i usually add some more lows, most of the guitarists i play with use pretty thin settings. classic rock....boost the mids a little, you'll cut thru better. good luck with this head, you'l enjoy it:)

4. Marley's Ghost

Feb 9, 2002
    Tampa, FL
    Thanks dudes.

Rage,

I did a search, somehow I missed that thread :oops: :confused:

Boy am I a dummy :(