Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Hartke 7000 210 Combo?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by cb56, Feb 20, 2001.

1. cb56

cb56

Jul 2, 2000
    Central Illinois
    Hartke 7000 210 Combo?
    Anybody played one or even know that they exist? I have a chance to trade a guitar for one with a reputable dealer on the internet that I trust, but they don't have a picture of it on their site. The 350+350 head is what interests me. Seems kind of weird to put that much power in a 210 combo!

2. afroman

afroman

Aug 31, 2000
    Brooklyn, NY
    I have a Hartke 3500 which puts out 350 watts at 4 ohms and it's a very good head. I think the 7000 head will be awesome, but I really can't understand how that much power is going to a Hartke 2x10 which only handle 2000 watts at 8 ohms. If there's really a 7000/2x10 combo, and you buy it , I think you'll definetely have to put a 15" under it or even a 410 to get the 7000's full potential out (and to not blow up the 2x10)

Good Luck...

3. cb56

cb56

Jul 2, 2000
    Central Illinois
    yep,
    Just got pictures of it emailed today and it does exist! The way I figure it as it is the 210's are getting 240 watts from amp#1 while amp#2 is unused. But heck I could hook up 1 more 8ohm cab to amp#1 and 2 more 8ohm cabs to amp #2! Really I am more interested in the amp itself as a back up to my ampeg stack. Plus I figured it would be nice to have a combo amp for practice and smaller club situations. I have the wheels in motion to make the trade so I'm going to go for it. I figure I'll pretty much have any playing situation covered.

4. brewer9

brewer9

Jul 5, 2000
    You truly do not need a 7000. I used to have one and its a good amp, but its a bi-amp. I was using with a 4x10 cab and a 2x15 cab. If you only have one cab then you dont need a bi-amp. I would recommend that you go with the 3500. Its more than plenty for your 2x10 and its literally half the 7000 but with all the power (the 7000 is two seperate 3500s).

By the way, the reason I switched from the Hartke to a Mesa Boogie is because the Hartke amp kept breaking. It is not made very sturdy. If you're gigging out much at all, go with either a Mesa, SWR, or Ampeg.

5. cb56

cb56

Jul 2, 2000
    Central Illinois
    Thanks for the input. Actually I own 4 bass cabs. The 7000 can be bi amped or run full range to every cabinet. (there is a switch on the back). I think that means I can run 2 8ohm cabs per side if I want. I owned a 3500 when they first came out and really liked it also. Nothing will replace my Ampeg stack but I think it will be cool to have different setup possibilities for different situations!

6. brewer9

brewer9

Jul 5, 2000
    I still think the Mesa 400+ completely blows it away in every way. How is the Ampeg? I've heard those are indestructable.

7. I have a Hartke Combo 210 and I've been very happy with it for about 6 years. It has the 3500 amp in it. I say that if you're getting the same combo but with a 7000 for a good price then go for it. You can never be too thin, have too much money or too much power in a bass amp. :) Actually, though, I've never lacked for power with mine but then I don't play super loud gigs.

8. cb56

cb56

Jul 2, 2000
    Central Illinois
    I have the 350 watt solid state Ampeg head SVT200T and yes it's been very reliable. I've had it for about 7 years and have not babied it. I'm still undecided on how I'll use the Hartke when I get it. I might just take it out of the combo and rack mount it. I have a carvin 4ohm 210 cab that sounds great when I run my svt through it I wonder what two of them would sound like with the Hartke 7000. Between the Ampeg and the Hartke I'll have 1050watts of bass amp. Oh the possibilities!!!