Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Hartke 7000 + Ampeg SVT810

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by mattdjinn, Apr 28, 2002.

1. Ok I was running the setup in the subject at a show last night and about the second song into the set I lose all my signal.
    I couldn't figure it out, but then I check the back of the head and it is burning hot.
    I guess I was under-powering the Ampeg cab, but I thought that if I don't use the bi-amp mode on the hartke head that I could still pull ~700 watts out of it at 4 ohms, ~500 watts at 8ohms. Is that true?
    Also is there anyway I could continue to use the amp or should I upgrade to something more powerful?

If you don't know the specs on the amp here is a link
    http://www.zzounds.com/love.music?p=p.HTK7000&z=1363853837238

thanks

2. steve-o

steve-o Guest

Apr 17, 2002
    i would upgrade to the carvin1000
    bridged at 4 ohms it is 1000 watts good power!
    the 7000 hartke is a stero amp also but you can not bridge like most amps.
    so actually you are only running 350 watts at 4 ohms and 240 watts at 8 ohms.
    that is unless you used a y cable. which i don't know if i were to recomend that

3. Mattdjinn,

Just a thought, but did you have the balance control turned fully to the side of the amp you were using and the selector in mono mode?

Been using a 7000 for quite a while now with a variety of 4 & 8 ohms cabs in mono and bi-amp mode and never had any over heating problems. Also find this amp anything but underpowered.

Hope you get it sorted as these are great amps for the cost.

4. What's a Y cable?

Could it be used to bridge a amp or something?

5. crud19

crud19

Sep 26, 2001
    Missouri
    Yo-

I think we might be missing the point here. Modern amps will shut themselves down when they overheat. Make sure there's not a problem with either the fan or heat sink on your amp. (I don't know off hand which one the 7000 has) If it's getting hot, and all your cabeling is correct, take it to a tech to have it checked out. You don't want to ruin it by having it melt down!