Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Hartke 810XL???

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by xcental34x, Feb 23, 2004.

1. xcental34x

xcental34x

Feb 28, 2003
    Memphrica, TN
    How does the Hartke 810Xl sound? Would it work well with a GK 1001RB-II?

2. The 0x

The 0x

Aug 24, 2003
    Timonium, MD
    If you like the sound of tin cans reproducing bass frequencies, while running the risk of getting killed by shrapnel if you ever blow the speakers, than the Hartke tin cans are for you!!! ;) :p

On a more serious note, some people love the hartke cabs because you get a less harsh high end than with a tweeter, but many (like yours truly) tend to find them way too bright.

3. Trevorus

Trevorus

Oct 18, 2002
    Urbana, IL
    I love my 410, I couldn't imagine what an 810 would sound like. That would rock. Get it!

4. Rockbobmel

Rockbobmel Supporting Member

I hear a lot of Hartke bashing... But, I had 2 4.5xl and a 2-10xl and I wish I kept them. Itrades them for an Eden 2-15. Big mistake. They sound crisp, but NOT tinny. No, Not tinny.
    I just had to have the 2-15. :( Anyway, I was even thinking of getting 4 XL 10s to try in my Mesa PH 1000 instead of the EVs.

5. ChenNuts44

ChenNuts44

Nov 18, 2001
    Davenport, IA
    I really don't know why it bothers me so much, but you could very well be the most indecisive SOB to walk this earth. Go buy some gear and enjoy it. Seriously...

6. oddbass

oddbass

Feb 10, 2006
    If you you want a clean and good sound the 810Xl is a very god cab. I use it with a SVT-3 Pro and it`s one thing to say; HALLELUJA!

7. Eric Moesle

Eric Moesle Supporting Member

Sep 21, 2001
    Columbus OH
    Hartke cabs = better gear available for the same money. Perfectly fine gear, but for the same cash outlay you can get a much better sound.

8. chaosMK

chaosMK

May 26, 2005
    Albuquerque, NM
    Hi-fi into an old tube amp
    I would hold off on it. For the weight and bulk of an 8x10, you might as well get a really sick one.

9. Dan Molina

Dan Molina TalkBass Secular Progressive

Jul 17, 2002
    Murr Town, California
    the 810xl can't handle low end and high volume that well.