1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to post, make friends, earn reward points at our store, remove most ads and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Hartke A70 Hiss/Buzz

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by nsrfrog, Mar 4, 2014.

1. nsrfrog

nsrfrog

Mar 4, 2014
    I recently got back into playing, and I've been through 3 Hartke practice amps over the past month. The first two were A35s, one had a broken jack, the other an unbearable hiss. So I tried the A70 to see if I could avoid some issues, but it ended up having the same hiss that turns to a buzz if the treble or mid is touched. it happens with nothing plugged in too. is this something worth getting fixed, or should I send it back to sweetwater? I like the tone of the amp but the hiss is driving me nuts. is this a common thing with hartkes? or just something I have to put up with on practice amps?

2. SBsoundguy

SBsoundguy

Sep 2, 2011
    Los Angeles
    Try a different outlet first. There might be some interference.

3. nsrfrog

nsrfrog

Mar 4, 2014

Yeah I tried that, multiple outlets throughout the house. I find it weird to get two amps in a row with the same exact issue, unless its a QC problem I guess.

4. AdamR

AdamR Supporting Member

Sep 24, 2007
    Bethel CT
    Endorsing Artist: VF Cables, Dirtbag Clothing
    try a different cord, try another bass ?

5. Raf Seibert

Raf Seibert

Dec 16, 2013
    Texas
    Try checking the power in your house. You can get a simple checker for a couple of bucks at a hardware store. Alternatively, try the amp in a different location, just to be sure it's the amp.

Raf