Hartke Amp Rasp? Blown speakers?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Tommar98, May 13, 2017.

1. Tommar98

Tommar98

Jan 21, 2014
    I have Hartke LH1000 with 4 x 10 and 1 x 15 cab. I've been noticing a rasp sound whenever I get up to around 5 on the volume. I added a DBX 1066 compressor recently thinking that might help clean it up. I love the compressor, but the rasp sound is still present and bugging me. I'm not sure if this is something in the speaker cab or amp or if there's nothing wrong and that's the way it sounds. It just doesn't seem as clean and punchy as I think it should. The rasp in is both speaker cabinets so I don't see how it can be a speaker problem, and I've never ran it about 5 on volume so I don't know how the speakers could be damaged. However at a recent gig last month I was using the Zoom MS60B pedal (not anymore) and on one of the settings I got a huge volume increase which distorted everything (only for about 5 seconds - before I stomped it off). So with all that said how do I diagnose this issue? Has anyone else experienced this? Thanks for any input.

2. Has this always been there? Or is this something that has changed recently?
    Did you first notice the problem after the Zoom pedal event?

3. FunkHead

FunkHead Supporting Member

Mar 10, 2007
    Slap a tube in it first. Or just plug straight into the Effects return on the back. Then report back.

4. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

May 28, 2022