Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Hartke and watts???????

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by afroman, Jan 4, 2001.

1. afroman

afroman

Aug 31, 2000
    Brooklyn, NY
    Today at a store I played through a Hartke 2000 head and a Hartke 4.5XL. According to specs, the head would have been putting out 120 watts since the cab is 8 ohms. It sounded pretty loud to me, and only at volume 3.

I'm planning on getting a Hartke 3500 head (350watts at 8 ohms and 240watts at 4 ohms) and I want to match it with a 410BXL. OK, I if I get the 3500 and I buy a 410BXL (400 watts/8 ohms) and a 210XL (200 watts/8 ohms), and I put them all together: what would be the aprox. wattage that each cab would recieve????? will the watts split up in two????

if I use the 210XL alone with the 3500 and put out 240 Watts, would this output overwhelm the 210XL??????
    would it overwhelm the 210TP(150 watts/8 ohms)?????????

Sorry for all these questions but if I want to learn what better place than TalkBass and you guys.

Thanks in advance.

P.S. I had never played through a 410 before, all I can say is WOW !

2. brianrost

brianrost Gold Supporting Member

Apr 26, 2000
    Boston, Taxachusetts
    Yes, each is 8 ohms so each gets half the wattage.

Nope, speakers can usually take up to double their rated wattage. Ratings are made with continuous tones, music is not continuous.