Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Hartke + Avatar = Happy Me!

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by mikarre, Jul 17, 2004.

1. mikarre

mikarre Guest

I finally got all my stuff....Hartke 3500 head, Avatar SB112 and Avatar SB115. I've been fooling with it for a couple of hours last night and tonight and I am pretty pleased with my decision. I haven't been able to crank it up to live level really, but I did put it up to 5 and touched the low B string. Just the slight sound it made caused the drop ceiling in my basement to rumble. I don't think I'll have any trouble with volume and power, and I can't see why I was even considering going with 500-700 watts and a full size cab. I've mostly been playing at moderate to low volume and I am pretty happy with the sound.

I was amazed at how light these cabs are. The way the handle is right on top, and solid, not like a flimsy rubber handle on a typical combo amp, will make them easy to grab and carry. They will be no trouble moving anywhere and when I put the Hartke it it's rack bag I'll be plenty mobile with lots-o-power. One thing I might consider for the 1x15 cab is putting little feet on the bottom or something, so the black carpety stuff isn't directly touching whatever crud happens to be on the floor beneath.

So, initially at least, I am glad I went with the mini-cab setup and I have high hopes for this little rig. I haven't played in a band since '98 or so and I am very anxious to get to rehersals in a few weeks and crank this thing up.

Thanks everyone for all the help over the last few weeks. Hopefully all my gear woes are behind me and I can concentrate on having some fun. :hyper:

2. BenderR

BenderR

Jun 1, 2004
    Tucson, AZ
    I've been looking for someone that makes 12" and 2 x 12" cabinets. Avatar looks great.

3. Glad you like your new gear. FWIW I am still happy with my B212 after 6 months of jams and gigs. Well worth the cash.