Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Hartke B-60??

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by nirvanafan13, Feb 25, 2001.

1. nirvanafan13

nirvanafan13

Apr 14, 2000
    Austin, TX
    Has anyone ever played or owned this amp, or any in the series????? Is it worth the money?? Tell me details because i am considering buyin one.. Thanks, Evan

2. :D Very nice Amp if you are considering to buy one...even the B20 packs a punch. I am a sudent at The Conservatory of Music of Puerto Rico and every Bass Teacher has a Hartke...This is as good as it gets. I personally have the B60. ;)
    Every Bass player around who knows about amps prefers HARTKE...Do yourself a favor and buy this Amp. :cool:

3. i have a b60,and personnaly my experience has been ok. don't get me wrong, i like the amp, pretty good tone, enough power but it lacks the punch some amps have(i suppose thats why i like smaller speakers) but some people don't prefer that. and the only other real problem i have with it, is its not a very portable practice amp, and its not big enough to do anything too serious with, kinda in between. it depends on your situation if it will work for you. for right now its been good to me, gives me volume to play with guitarists and can kinda hang with drummers if they don't go crazy, but it sucks to lug around if i'm only going to play softly with a friend. anyway but if the size works for you i'd say go for it, i still enjoy mine and still have it, and might stick with hartke amps(if i can't get an eden) because of it.

4. rickycootee

rickycootee

Oct 24, 2001
    Statesboro GA
    I have a b30 I use as a practice amp and it sounds awesome for a little practice amp..it can go down pretty low and has great tone..does not take much ajustment to get the sound your looking for...I was impressed with it the only down I have about it and with pretty much all Hartke stuff is that if you turn it up more than about halfway they start distorting pretty badly which is because they are not made to run over rms level.