Hartke B120's

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Piezoman, Nov 29, 2002.

1. Piezoman

Nov 29, 2002
    Bronx, New York
    Has anyone of you hardcore bassists used a hartke b120 combo in your carrer? If possible, can you give a little extended review of it for me. I am a begginer but I have good stuff. Ibanez EDA905.

But I need a stronger amp. I have seen this one sounds strong and is cheap. I have a hartke but its only 30 watts. Is the B120 any good?
  2. Piezoman

Nov 29, 2002
    Bronx, New York
    Anyone own or tried this? Come On Reply.
  3. ESP-LTD

Sep 9, 2001
    You might get more replies if your thread was named "Hartke B120 Opinion" or something descriptive. Calling it "Amps" in a forum which is about Amps will probably not get a lot of readers.

I tried one at a store and it seemed decent for the money. I ended up with a Peavey Minx for about $225 new. I don't recall anything bad about the Hartke; I just had plenty of Peavey's and new them to be reliable.
  4. Piezoman

Nov 29, 2002
    Bronx, New York
    You're right, I was not sure what I was doing, I though I had to type in where I wanted it to go.
  5. notduane

Nov 24, 2000
    no worries.

merged the threads.
  6. rockbassist1087

rockbassist1087 Guest

Nov 29, 2002
    Long Island, NY
    Never tried that model, but I have tried hartke heads before and one of there 1x15 combos. I didn't like them at all. It took me awhile to find a sound that I half liked. They had too many highs and not enough booming lows which I prefer. You might want to check out Ampeg, SWR, or gallien kruegers as well as the hartkes.
  7. Captain Awesome

Captain Awesome

Apr 2, 2001
    I tried out a bass through one of the B120's once... it had a shape circuit (kind of like a notch filter) like the one on the Kickbacks, except it couldn't be turned off! I wasn't impressed with that.

There are lots of good bang-for-your-buck amps out there, especially on the used market. What's your price range?
  8. Bongolation

Nov 9, 2001
    No Bogus Endorsements
    I'm hearing a lot of complaints about Hartke driver failure. It's the first thing that ran through my mind when I saw them, too: "Aluminum cones? Haven't these people ever heard of metal fatigue?"

These don't have great reputations among those who actually run their amps pretty seriously.