Hartke B90 extension cabinet ????

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Gintaras, Sep 14, 2005.

1. Gintaras

Gintaras Supporting Member

Dec 11, 2004
    Kent Island, Md.
    The b90 has no place for an extension speaker. Is there some way to rewire it to accept adding a 8 ohm 1-12" w/ tweeter cabinet? I cannot even find any info for the ohm rating on the b90.

Also I have read somewhere on this site that some manufacturers specifically discourage extension cabinets on there combo's because of the way they were designed. Would appreciate any comments to help me in my learning process :hyper:
  2. fcoda

Jan 23, 2002
    If you go to the Hartke web site the on line manual states the combo is not to have an external speaker.
  3. Eric Moesle

Eric Moesle Supporting Member

Sep 21, 2001
    Columbus OH
    I don't know the specifics of that combo, but usually when no outputs for an extension cab are present, it is because the amp cannot handle the impedance of another cabinet.
  4. Can you use the "Line Out" output jack for that? I've always wondered about that and have been thinking about adding a 2x10" to this for definition and clarity :eyebrow:
  5. RickenBoogie

Jul 22, 2007
    Dallas, TX
    No. Only an ext spkr jack can be used. No other option, outside of running a seperate amp for the extra spkrs.