Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Hartke Bass Attack Pedal

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by SuperSluggard, Jun 24, 2004.

1. SuperSluggard

SuperSluggard

Jan 2, 2004
    Here

Does this preamp/pedal work well? I can't find reviews for it anywhere. But I can find it priced at $99.99, which is within my price range.

2. Samurai

Samurai

Sep 13, 2003
    California
    It just came out so not many people have played it yet. Try calling stores around you to see if they have it so you can give us all a review of it.

3. scot_bass

scot_bass

Nov 15, 2004
    an old post, but thought i'd reply as I took delivery of one of these yesterday.

The pedal was a real steal: warm rich valve tones, driven distortion if required, and the mid-shaping allows for some great variations in tone for such a small unit.

Simply put, I reckon this is a great tool to have in your arsenal: i bought it to enable a decent DI tone to br brought through FOH, and I reckon this is the baby to do it. Should help your tone, and make the sound fill the room to the level i'm after.

Will be using it in the rehearsal studio also, as I simply can't get a tone like this from the EQ on the Ashdown i'm using (Ashdown? Top-end? Where????) :D

4. andruca

andruca

Mar 31, 2004
    Madrid (Spain)
    scot_bass, thanks for the comments on the Bass Attack pedal, but I feel like abusing your kindness. Is it possible for you to try out a SansAmp Bass Driver DI in order to let us know hoy you'd compare it to the Bass Attack pedal? (maybe you even tried one yet). Thanks so much!

ANDRUCA

5. CaptainRaab

CaptainRaab

Nov 13, 2004
    I'm curious how it sounds too. I've never been happy with any Hartke amp's tone, so I wonder if this pedal is any different... but it's in my price range....

6. I just got my Bass Attack pedal last night.... I just wanna say... everything Scot Bass said, plus a great tube/dry blend emulator. I really loved it! A good deal too (since I traded for a dod bass EQ I only had to pay like $30) :D

7. phxlbrmpf

phxlbrmpf

Dec 27, 2002
    Germany
    Hmm, I was thinking of getting this pedal earlier today because the old amp I use when rehearsing has no midrange controls whatsoever. Yes, it's that old, but hey, it was free. The pedal does look a bit large, though, I was looking for something more compact, in the vein of the Sadowsky pre-amp pedal.