Hartke Bass attack pedal?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by TampaBlues, Nov 3, 2004.

1. TampaBlues

Oct 28, 2002
    Tampa, Florida
    Has anyone tried this out yet? What are your opinions?

Hartke Bass Attack
    Bass Preamp Pedal and Direct Box with VX Tone Shaping and 3-band EQ

2. It reminds me when they made the Dodge Aires K, a.k.a. "K car" in a turbo convertible. I mean, what's the point? :confused:

If you are going to get a fancy DI based off an amp design, at least get something with a desireable sound. Like the Aguliar or Ampeg or even the Tech 21 Bass Driver.

caveat: I havn't heard/tried it.

But the "hartke sound" isn't universally appreciated.
  3. i havent tried that...but im looking into it myself..im a big fan of hartke gear...havent found anything hartke i havent liked yet....
  4. HRC Matt

HRC Matt

Aug 31, 2004
    Columbus, Ga
    then the question is...have you tried anything else besides hartke? my first cab was a hartke 4-10 and i thought it was awesome. then i bought a trace elliot and thought that hartke is okay. then i replaced that with my 4-10/1-15 mesa boogie stack and man...i'd never touch a hartke again.
  5. ive tried hartke, mesaboogie, swr, eden, nemesis, fender, peavey, ashton, laney, sovtek, gallien kruger, ampeg (yuk), bbe, alembic, acme, thunderfunk.....

and the only amps i really consider buying/upgrading are hartke, thunderfunk and peavey.....

ive found two perfect rigs, hartke ha5500+ 2 4.5xls and thunderfunk+ acme low b2
  6. "upgrade" to hartke or peavey? Well if you like it, then go for it.
  7. i will..dont worry......well...i would upgrade to a peavey bam....but they a bit expensive...and not really available here...

but hartke....hell yeah..a HA5500, is next...then ill get a 4.5xl...

whats so wrong with hartke or peavey?..the old mark 4's are great, and the 1516 cabs....the mark four would stand up against a ampeg in terms of sound and durability if you ask me
  8. Eric Moesle

Eric Moesle Supporting Member

Sep 21, 2001
    Columbus OH
    Wow. If you say so. Opinions vary, but its your dime. IMO, Peaveys are decent, reasonably priced amps with great history of reliability, but you'll be hard pressed not to get some silly looks from people when you say they stand up to Ampeg in terms of sound . . . you're certainly entitled to your opinion, but the Ampeg thing just goes a bit far . . . and I'm not particularly a fan of Ampeg . . . ;)
  9. I'd like to see a Peavey TNT or TKO DI pedal that emulates that sound. Maybe a Crate or Gorilla DI.
  10. Offbase

Mar 9, 2000
    I have one. I'm not overly fond of it. IMO the SABDDI is a MUCH nicer sounding versatile pedal. I'm still trying to figure out how to get overdrive out if it (SABDDI is great for it ... this goes from a "processed" sounding "warmth" to total freakin' distortion, with no overdrive in between). Get a sansamp.