1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Hartke Bass Attack Pedal

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by santucci218, Jun 18, 2007.

1. santucci218

santucci218

Jan 26, 2007
    Pittsburgh
    can somebody please post audio of using just the hartke bass pedal, i want to hear it before i buy it offline. thank you.

2. santucci218

santucci218

Jan 26, 2007
    Pittsburgh
    bump...

3. Mad Tango

Mad Tango Supporting Member

Apr 18, 2006
    Pearland, Tx.
    I have been playing bass for 17 years. I have had a great deal of amps/cabinets and "some" pedals to boot and the Hartke Attack pedal is one of the best items I have ever owned. It is the only one I use. I do not have the means to post an audio of this item. However; this pedal adds warmth and has a notch filter that is very, very useful. There will probably be someone later say they did not like theirs that much, but if adjusted -Correctly- man it is the big bomb. Here are the settings that will make the difference. Eq about flat.
    Have both Shape & Hamonics effects "on". Set Harmonics & Mix knobs on about 10:00 Oclock - you my want a bit more or less, but use as starting point. The Harmonics setting is where most will like or some will think it is so so. Set Harmonics on Max. or near it, which is about 1000Khz. Please write or copy these settings down if you are going to buy it.

4. santucci218

santucci218

Jan 26, 2007
    Pittsburgh
    thanks for the info man, im going to buy it tomorrah!

5. koentje_bassist

koentje_bassist

Jun 24, 2006
    Belgium
    I didn't like the bass attack. It sounded great trough headphones, but when I got my active bass, musicman sub, the harmonics sounded bad. I did get rid of it and bought me an overdrive pedal, because that's all I used the bass attack for, not as a pre-amp.
    Don't buy it for the overdrive.

6. TRY IT FIRST

one mans pile of gold may be another's pile of 5h17

7. Jeffrey A-Bomb

Jeffrey A-Bomb Drink Coffee & Destroy

Oct 14, 2000
    Silver Spring, MD
    I own one and find it either muddy, sterile, or harsh, with not much in between. I've run 6 or 7 basses through it and neither sounded very good. But like I said, your mileage may vary.

8. santucci218

santucci218

Jan 26, 2007
    Pittsburgh
    hmm, i guess ill just get a compressor pedal =(

9. To my ears its very very similar to the BDDI, but with the notch filter. And its cheaper.

10. Jeffrey A-Bomb

Jeffrey A-Bomb Drink Coffee & Destroy

Oct 14, 2000
    Silver Spring, MD
    I own the RBI and the 3-channel programmable bddi, and the bass attack is much more sterile sounding and harsh to my ears. It distorts easily and the eq points seem extreme in both directions. Mud and clack.

11. I've never found mine muddy but quite the opposite. I bought it as a cheaper DI and so I could send a little grit to the PA and amp when needed. It does what it does well, but I see a Sans amp programmable in my future.

12. Obese Chess

Obese Chess Spicy Big Dad Supporting Member

Sep 4, 2005
    Portland, OR
    I plan to buy one so I can get my Hartke amp sound without lugging that thing to studios.

13. the low one

the low one

Feb 21, 2002
    UK
    I wanted to try one of these a while back at the same time as trying the Sansamp and MXR M80. I couldn't find one so out of the MXR and Sansamp I went for the MXR which I'm very happy with, but I would have liked to try the Hartke as I read some good reviews.

14. people it will sound different with each bass guitar, each playin style, each rig etcetc

just try it!

15. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jan 16, 2021