Hartke Bass Attack question

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by RollingMonkey, May 22, 2005.

1. RollingMonkey

Nov 11, 2004
    Just two quick questions about the Hartke Bass Attack. I tried it the other day, but I was in a rush, so I didn't really get a chance to examine it in detail. I'll only be able to do that in about a month. I liked everything about it at the time, but there are two things I am still concerned about:

1) When I pressed the On/Off button to switch the Harmonics option on, the sound was clearly louder. Is there any way to stabilise the sound level? BTW, I plan to mainly use it for the tube-y overdrive.

2) I'm not sure about this, but it seemed to me like there was a delay between when I pressed the On/Off button to go into overdrive (i.e. switch on the Harmonics) and the overdrive actually kicking in. Was it just me or does it actually take time for the overdrive to "start"?
  2. Craggsy

May 24, 2005
    Ive got the Hartke Bass attack pedal and to my ears, cannot find any delay in switching.

BTW I use mine with a true bypass pedal since the Bass Attack isnt always off, even when you press the off switch, the EQ is still in use. Using a TB looper also helps the problem with different sound levels.

Hope this helps
  3. KPJ

KPJ Supporting Member

Oct 2, 2001
    Methuen, MA USA
    No delay in switching on mine, either. You can balance the volume by using the "mix" control. Remember, the Bass Attack is a pre amp also, the level, bass and trble controls are always active.
  4. RollingMonkey

Nov 11, 2004
    Thanks, dudes! Appreciate it greatly!

Glad there's no delay!

What's a TB looper? True Bypass, I imagine... How do they work? Any model suggestions? Also, how much do they cost, approximately? Thanks again.
  5. Petary791

Feb 20, 2005
    Michigan, USA
    I think you mean loooper...

I hate to hi-jack a thread, but I hate to start a new thread as well. Does the Hartke Bass Attack make a good Jorge Casillas/Geddy Lee/Chris Squire/Timmy C sound?
  6. RollingMonkey

Nov 11, 2004
    I've been told that it does, which is one of the many reasons I want one!
  7. bazzanderson

Oct 7, 2002
    Austin, TX
    Does the shape control boost or cut midrange??
  8. Both.... as you turn it it will either boost or cut the mids out of the sound. You can find a 'sweet spot' with the optimal amount of mids fairly easily.
  9. bazzanderson

Oct 7, 2002
    Austin, TX
    One more question for you guys. Does anyone know the overall Db boost that this pedal will push?