Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Hartke Bass Attack sound clips

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by the low one, Nov 10, 2005.

1. the low one

the low one

Feb 21, 2002
    UK
    I'm thinking of getting the Hartke Bass Attack preamp DI pedal. Are there any sound clips you know of? I can't seem to find any anywhere.

2. chaosMK

chaosMK

May 26, 2005
    Albuquerque, NM
    Hi-fi into an old tube amp
    It sounds good. Very easy to dial in a bunch of presence.

3. Joseph12

Joseph12

Jul 5, 2002
    I expect to have one of these in a couple days.
    I haven't found any clips, but have read for the most part generally favorable reviews; could be a good deal if you don't want to spend the bucks for the sansamp.
    The price is now greatly reduced from what it was originally.

Joe B

4. Craggsy

Craggsy

May 24, 2005
    Here you go ->

Hartke Bass Attack

Bare in mind this was recorded in a rush!!

Oh and the overdrive that kicks in DOD 250

5. the low one

the low one

Feb 21, 2002
    UK
    Thanks, before you switched the overdrive on how much of the tube effect from the Hartke were you using? How wide is the overdrive range of the Hartke?

6. crapusername

crapusername

Sep 26, 2005
    North Kent.UK
    endorsing artist: Dean guitars, Marshall , Rotosound strings
    the vxl's od is really adjustable. you can go all the way from a fairly subtle break up to full-on almost Muff like territory. This is quite reminiscent of Cliff's sound on anasthesia.

with the mix control, you can make a whole lot of adjustments to the general tone.

all in all i believe it is the best pedal that i have at the moment, although my new 105q gets close!!!

7. crapusername

crapusername

Sep 26, 2005
    North Kent.UK
    endorsing artist: Dean guitars, Marshall , Rotosound strings
    sorry i need to clarify:- when i said tone i meant to say sound!!
    sorry

8. Craggsy

Craggsy

May 24, 2005
    The Harmonics knob is set at 3oclock so there is more scope more more dirt/tube emulation. It is a great preamp and i hope my poor sound clips dont put you off!

Just to recal however the Bass and Treble knobs are always active. This used to both me as it sucks your tone when off but now i just keep it on!

9. the low one

the low one

Feb 21, 2002
    UK
    No, you haven't put me off at all, thanks for taking the time to recorsd the clip. Before I go shopping though I need to look to sell my BOSS BCB3 with 3 BOSS pedals as I don't really use them that much any more.

10. ole Jason

ole Jason Supporting Member

Apr 3, 2003
    Louisville, KY
  11. the low one

the low one

Feb 21, 2002
    UK
    I did miss it, and thanks for putting them back on. I think I've made my mind up to go for one.