1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Hartke bass Attack?

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by fetfet, Aug 31, 2008.

1. fetfet

fetfet

Apr 13, 2008
    Toronto, ON
    Does anyone have one? Any soundclips?

Is the bass distortion part as good as it sounds?

Thinking of picking one up after the new amp is purchased.

Will the hartke Hydrive distortion thing sound the same as the Bass Attack?

2. I have one, and use it.

3. headtrip762

headtrip762

Feb 13, 2008
    NEPA
    soundclip of the 1x12 on youtube.

4. Swimming Bird

Swimming Bird

Apr 18, 2006
    Wheaton MD
    Tried one and liked it, but not enough to buy it. With the gain maxed, it's still a little light for me, so for light distortion sounds at best. Excellent tone shaping though, and if you want a light distortion, well, lupercal. There are a couple similar pieces of kit, but I'm not qualified to recommend any one over another.

5. SpankyPants

SpankyPants That's Mr. SpankyPants to you.

Aug 24, 2006
    Brooklyn, NY
    Bass attack!!!!!

244285169_02def6ba5a.

6. jimmy rocket

jimmy rocket

Jan 24, 2008
    Ayden, NC
    no soundclips from me, but the above mentioned youtube clip will give you a good idea of what it's capable of. I think it sounds awesome, but it sounds different with each of my basses. It's especially good with my Jazz.

It takes a little messing around with the level / mix / harmonics to get just the right mix, but with the harmonics dimed, I dial in the mix control until I get just the right amount of overdrive.

Also, I notice no loss of bass frequencies that you get with many distortion/overdrive units.

In short, yes it is as good as it sounds.

7. ibnzneksrul

ibnzneksrul

Feb 2, 2007
    So Cal
    LOL, but where's the bass?

The Hartke will give you a nice warm tube-ish tone (sort of a Sansamp lite IMO), don't expect too much in the way of OD though.

8. SpankyPants

SpankyPants That's Mr. SpankyPants to you.

Aug 24, 2006
    Brooklyn, NY
    Ugh, fine.

BASS ATTACK!!!!!

1061254190_esGene-Axe.

9. ibnzneksrul

ibnzneksrul

Feb 2, 2007
    So Cal
    :D more like Bass Annihilation :bassist:

10. badboy1984

badboy1984

Mar 27, 2007
    United Kingdom
    i've not use one but heard it is very good and reliable. It should be the same animal as M80 and sansamp etc but just a cheaper version. Is not too expensive some is worth to give it a shot. I would buy it for a backup if i see one in the use market.

11. jellybass

jellybass Guest

Nov 8, 2004
    I use one. Can get a lot of great tones out of it. Nice DI as well.

12. Noosh

Noosh

May 1, 2006
    North Carolina
    I love mine, i bought it mainly for the shape function. i was able to use that on a small hartke combo that my guitarist has and get a tone that i really loved. so i bought it purely for that, but it is a great pedal, it may take a bit of work to get the tone that your looking for, as there are a few knobs, but after messing around a bit you'll love it. and being less than half the price of most of the bass DI's out there makes it that much more appealing if your short on cash