1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Hartke basses - ever tried/owned one ?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by far0n, Mar 21, 2006.

1. far0n

far0n

Apr 28, 2005
    Yorkshire, UK
    Kinda curious about these basses. Never seem to see them around, appear to be very good for the money. Perhaps they're just unfashionable or something? Anyone got any opinions to share ? Thanks

2. Tried one of the higher-end models before they became a budget brand, and honestly? That was the best move they could have made, making "Starter Packages" with cords, straps and a tiny amp. They were.... ehhh. Nothing awful to write 5 paragraphs about, but the same to be said about the positives. I can't imagine a reason to own one, not even as a backup - there are too many better options out there.

3. ibz

ibz

Apr 14, 2005
    Columbus, OH
    The only hartke basses I've seen/played are cheap beginner ones.

4. I remember a couple of years ago they had a couple of the nicer ones with EMG P-Js at a Sam Ash I went to. They had been there a while and were being sold for like four or five hundred dollars, still brand new. One of the better deals I've ever seen. Definitly worth considering if you can find a good deal on one.

5. jondog

jondog

Mar 14, 2002
    NYC metro area
    The Hartke basses with the aluminum Vaccaro necks are very cool, if you like aluminum necks. I do! :hyper:

6. Bassconbeatz

Bassconbeatz Way down low

Feb 5, 2004
    Porter Ranch, CA
    I have an Hartke XL-4. When they first came out 6 or 7 years ago, it cost about 2K. I bought mine for $400.00. It's built in Ashbury NJ. The neck is really fast, and the controls layout is VVEQ. I think only a 100 USA built ones were made. It's a real bargain if you can find one.

Bassconbeatz