Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Hartke Basses

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by PolkaHero, Mar 13, 2003.

1. PolkaHero

PolkaHero Supporting Member

Jan 5, 2002
    Michigan
    Is there no market for these? I see AMS and SamAsh are selling these with a ridiculous discount(60-70%!) off the list price(closeout).

Do they sound that bad? Or is it the looks?

2. I love Hartke amps, I just bought one as a matter of fact. I think that people think of Bass amps when they hear Hartke, not basses. I think Hartke tried to spin thier success onto basses. Wood has greater sustaining properties than does aluminum, that probably affects it's marketability. However, in a driver, aluminum has a greater low end response and punch...these basses may work great, but I think bassists are stuck in the forest...literally, since that be where our basses are made from:D...of course, all the above is purely my opinion and speculative...I did do a search for you in case you really wanted to know...I read a few, but found nothing on a review for the Hartke bass guitar...at these prices, I may get one for a back-up bass...here is the link...
    http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&q=Hartke+bass+guitar+reviews&btnG=Google+Search

3. cale

cale

Mar 26, 2003
    SamAsh is selling the XL-4 ,which retails at 2400 dollars, for 499. That seems like a good deal to me. I actually just ordered one. Gonna try it out.

I do find it odd, however, that I can't seem to find any reviews from anyone that has actually played one.