1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to post, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Hartke Basses

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by PolkaHero, Mar 13, 2003.

1. PolkaHero

PolkaHero

Jan 5, 2002
    Michigan
    Is there no market for these? I see AMS and SamAsh are selling these with a ridiculous discount(60-70%!) off the list price(closeout).

Do they sound that bad? Or is it the looks?

2. I love Hartke amps, I just bought one as a matter of fact. I think that people think of Bass amps when they hear Hartke, not basses. I think Hartke tried to spin thier success onto basses. Wood has greater sustaining properties than does aluminum, that probably affects it's marketability. However, in a driver, aluminum has a greater low end response and punch...these basses may work great, but I think bassists are stuck in the forest...literally, since that be where our basses are made from:D...of course, all the above is purely my opinion and speculative...I did do a search for you in case you really wanted to know...I read a few, but found nothing on a review for the Hartke bass guitar...at these prices, I may get one for a back-up bass...here is the link...
    http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&q=Hartke+bass+guitar+reviews&btnG=Google+Search

3. cale

cale

Mar 26, 2003
    SamAsh is selling the XL-4 ,which retails at 2400 dollars, for 499. That seems like a good deal to me. I actually just ordered one. Gonna try it out.

I do find it odd, however, that I can't seem to find any reviews from anyone that has actually played one.