1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Hartke built-in preamp troubles

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Newbert, Sep 27, 2009.

1. Newbert

Newbert

Sep 27, 2009
    So, I have a Hartke 210 combo bass amp. One of its features is that it has both a tube preamp and a solidstate preamp built in. However, the tube preamp does not seem to be working at all. If the solidstate preamp knob is turned all the way down, no sound will come out of the amp at all, even if the tube preamp knob is all the way up.
    I was given this amp used a while back, and the tube preamp function hasnt worked since ive had it. Is it possible that I need a new vacuum tube? And if so does anyone know how to go about replacing the tube?

2. mcapote

mcapote

Sep 9, 2009
    Miami Florida
    probably needs a new tube, Ive heard several peeps on here talking about replacing the tubes on the 3500s and 5000s

3. Take the lid off, pull the old tube out, put a new 12AX7 (Sovtek, JJ, Tung Sol, etc) in, put lid back on, and it might solve the problem. If not, you need an amp tech, if you think the amp is worth spending more money on.