Hartke Cabs: VX series vs Transporter series

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by bigjoe, Mar 3, 2005.

1. bigjoe

Feb 26, 2005
    I know both of these cab series have bad reps, but I have to purchase from one of them (I need a 4x10 and a 1x15), so which is better (or the lesser of two evils)?
  2. if it's possible i suggest trying them out and seeing what you like best... another option would be to get your hands on an avatar cab or two, they're in the same price range and i have yet to hear anyone say anything bad about them
  3. danman

May 18, 2004
    Philadelphia, PA
    I had a VX115.
    This is in my opinion one of the best cabs you can get for 200 bux.
    FWIW this was a better stand alone cab than the 410 tp I had.

4. Tash

Feb 13, 2005
    Bel Air Maryland
    I would say the VX, they seem to be made better than the TP series cabs I used to own, which did indeed sound and feel as though they were made with TP....
  5. Quadzilla

Quadzilla Supporting Member

Man, you are making a mistake! You can get an Avatar for the same OR less money that will BLOW THE DOORS off of the low end Hartkes.

I'm telling you first hand, don't get those VX's or Trans series. They sound ok at low to moderate volumes, but cranked (especially with a low B), they get all goofy. Go for the Avatars!
  6. Eric Moesle

Eric Moesle Supporting Member

Sep 21, 2001
    Columbus OH
    I'm willing to bet that anyone who recommends the Hartke VX as a good cab hasn't played through an Avatar, which can't be beat for the money, IMO - nothing's even close.
  7. bigjoe

Feb 26, 2005
    I can't get Avatar speakers where I live and the fact that I have to choose between these too for the price/easy payment deal I am getting. Otherwise, due to such positive feedback here, I would definately try them.
  8. Quadzilla

Quadzilla Supporting Member

Where do you live? Avatar now ships overseas and to Canada.. Given that the U.S. dollars is in the toilet compared to the Euro and Canadian$, what you loose on shipping will prob be made up for on the exchange rate...
  9. andruca

Mar 31, 2004
    Madrid (Spain)
    For us buyers outside US and Canada, the person to contact is Cas Azera @ http://www.tone-tools.com as Dave himself doesn't directly ship overseas. The bad thing is you're paying 2 shipping charges (shipping from Dave to Cas + shipping from Cas to you). It's still worth it here in Europe. In fact, I would have ordered Avatars if I hadn't decide to start saving up to go Schroeder :).

10. Djeetn

Jan 6, 2005
    Don't get VX or TP. Try the Hartke XL series. They're the top of the line!!
  11. +1