Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Hartke cabs

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by ivanthetrble, Sep 18, 2002.

1. ivanthetrble

ivanthetrble

Sep 9, 2002
    Orygun
    I'm looking for a nice 4x10 cab. BassNW has three used Hartke cabs, all 4x10s. One is the MX model, the others are the TP and XL models. Anyone have one of these? Likes &/or dislikes? Differences? Seems like you see a lot of the XLs being used. Thanks!

Ivanthetrble

2. I'm going to say go with the MX and that's because I personally don't like the sound of their aluminum drivers.

3. Jodaka

Jodaka

Jun 28, 2001
    Riverview, FL
    i own a 2.5xl and 4.5 xl and love them. i haven't tried the mx models and i'd personally stay away from the tp series...

jdkh

4. I played a used 4 X 10" Transporter for about 7 years (average 130 gigs a year) with no problems and sold it for what I paid for it.

5. I've used mainly the XL series and for me this is more the classic hartke tone. The cabinets themselfs are heavier and made w/ thicker material, the speakers in the Xl series have larger magnets and handle more juice. If i recall the Xls are also ported differently and tend to have slightly deeper responses.
    The MX series is a paper cone and sounds very good, but not what you think of when you vision Hartke.
    the 4X10Xl is excellent -the 4.5Xl is slightly better sounding-deeper tone, and has a nice tweeter IMO
    frank