Hartke cabs

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by ivanthetrble, Sep 18, 2002.

1. ivanthetrble

Sep 9, 2002
    I'm looking for a nice 4x10 cab. BassNW has three used Hartke cabs, all 4x10s. One is the MX model, the others are the TP and XL models. Anyone have one of these? Likes &/or dislikes? Differences? Seems like you see a lot of the XLs being used. Thanks!

2. I'm going to say go with the MX and that's because I personally don't like the sound of their aluminum drivers.
  3. Jodaka

Jun 28, 2001
    Riverview, FL
    i own a 2.5xl and 4.5 xl and love them. i haven't tried the mx models and i'd personally stay away from the tp series...

4. I played a used 4 X 10" Transporter for about 7 years (average 130 gigs a year) with no problems and sold it for what I paid for it.
  5. I've used mainly the XL series and for me this is more the classic hartke tone. The cabinets themselfs are heavier and made w/ thicker material, the speakers in the Xl series have larger magnets and handle more juice. If i recall the Xls are also ported differently and tend to have slightly deeper responses.
    The MX series is a paper cone and sounds very good, but not what you think of when you vision Hartke.
    the 4X10Xl is excellent -the 4.5Xl is slightly better sounding-deeper tone, and has a nice tweeter IMO