Hartke choice

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by bassizac, Oct 30, 2003.

1. Hey all, seems I blew out my cabinet's speakers.
    Instead of repair I've decided to buy a new cab.
    With the money I have and everyone else in my band now having more pro (or just louder) amps I think I should get somthing to hold my end.
    Now for the stuffs. I went to the music store and saw two cabs in or near my price reange as of and only tomorrow. Both Hartkes and both 4x10s.
    One is a VX 410 with a horn for sure and tomorrow with discounts and the small bit of store credit after I traded my sad cab it comes out to about $213.??? worth it? any good?
    The other Hartke is the transporter TP 410 with the aluminum speakers can't remember of the horn, don't think so but tomorrow, about $303.
    What do you think. I'm anxious, hope not too anxious as that's killed me before. Love the help of this place.
    peace all
  2. Trevorus

Oct 18, 2002
    Urbana, IL
    first, you might want to not be so antsy on the submit button. you posted like 5 copies of your thread. But to your question. Go with the transporter. It's a step above the VX, and it's worth it. The aluminum cone speakers are worth the extra.
  3. sorry about that.I thought my computer had crapped out again. Seems one thing at a time can't break in my house, just waiting for what's next though.
    thanks for the info though do you have that cab yourself or have you heard it around? also would it be a solid keep as I would probably be looking towards a nicer head in the more distant future.
    thanks again
  4. Lockout

Dec 24, 2002
    Yeah, you only need to click the "Sumbit Reply" button once. :p

You may also want to delete your other 4 posts. :)
  5. Trevorus

Oct 18, 2002
    Urbana, IL
    you might also consider avatar cabs. For the money, they are great. The transporter stuff is OK, but you might want to get something a little tougher than that.
  6. sorry about the posts.
    I mean wgat's hartkes claim to fame, I always thought good of them but I read some really sided arguments against them.
    Just wondering