1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Hartke class-D???

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by JoelFT, Jul 18, 2012.

1. JoelFT

JoelFT Supporting Member

Nov 12, 2011
    Newnan, GA
    Guess I could just give Mr. Hartke a call but, I figure that if I post a thread about my question it could help drum up some more support. So, Larry, any chance you will be offering a class-D micro head in the future? I really want to get a Hartke amp and cabs. But, if you were to read my thread about my back-breaking rig you would see that schlepage is a real concern for me.

Specifically, a couple of 112's and a micro head that can fit in my gig bag is what i am thinking. What I imagine is an amp similar to the LH series. An amp that is in the three to six pound range with ultra simple controls. What does the rest of TB think about this idea? Without any market research of my own I think it would be a grand idea. :)

2. autodidact

autodidact

Mar 13, 2011
    Lancaster, PA
    Unless he's gonna throw up a micro HA series, I personally wouldn't be interested. The HyDrive 12s are pretty light as they are. Plus the LHs are crazy heavy right now anyway. I think the micro head thing is being done to death already not to mention he'd have some tough competition with Genz, Markbass, and GK. Like I said tho...micro HA2500/3500? I'm down.

3. JoelFT

JoelFT Supporting Member

Nov 12, 2011
    Newnan, GA
    Yeah, I wasn't referring to the cabs. Those are great as they are. As far as amps, I just want simple and light.

4. JimmyM

JimmyM

Apr 11, 2005
    Apopka, FL
    Endorsing: Ampeg Amps, EMG Pickups
    Larry is working on a micro. Don't know when it's coming out, but he's working on it.

5. JoelFT

JoelFT Supporting Member

Nov 12, 2011
    Newnan, GA
    Thanks Jimmy. I think that is what I will wait on. Referencing my last thread, I think I'm going to keep my -4pro stack and get another micro stack in addition.

6. JimmyM

JimmyM

Apr 11, 2005
    Apopka, FL
    Endorsing: Ampeg Amps, EMG Pickups
    Oh yeah, I remember you. Well I think that's a good decision. Later on, if you think the micro's getting it done for you, then you could sell the lead sleds, but I wouldn't do it right off the bat.

7. René_Julien

René_Julien

Jun 26, 2008
    Belgium
    +1

Nothing wrong with the current HA series, but a micro version would be a nice addition to Hartke's line up.

8. wagdog

wagdog

Mar 20, 2000
    Der Waffle Haus
    Love my LH500. Wouldn't mind seeing it smaller and lighter though.

9. walterw

walterw Supportive Fender Gold Supporting Member Commercial User

Feb 20, 2009
    alpha-music.com
    +1 to those little Hartke 1x12s making for kick-butt mini-stacks.

10. jcerio

jcerio Gold Supporting Member

Jul 27, 2006
    Syracuse, NY
    Are those Hartke 112 cabs really that nice?

11. autodidact

autodidact

Mar 13, 2011
    Lancaster, PA
    They're pretty solid man. Loud, good balance all around between highs and lows, switchable between 4 and 8 ohms which is a plus depending on the amp. I love em, I'm still looking hard at them because I want me a nice small/medium gig set up. Sold my big stack and now all I have is an Acoustic B20 :rollno:

12. after a trip around town trying stuff out... I'm in this boat.
    I would LOVE to see 300-500 watt "LH" based class D with a 4 band EQ-
    coupled with 1 or 2 2x10 Hydrives.