Hartke compatibility question

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by BenFranklin, Dec 14, 2003.

1. BenFranklin

Oct 1, 2003
    I've searched and searched the forums, and while there is TONS of info on Hartke gear, I couldn't find a topic that directly answers my questions.

I have a Hartke 3500 head, with a 4x10(300W)and a 1x15(150W), both cabs are Transporters. My questions is, am I overdriving one or both cabinets with this head? Or is the combination of 450 watts handling what really matters?

The reason I'm asking is that my 3500 is in the shop right now. It was cutting out and making kind of a farting sound. I just assumed it was the head because the sound would totally disappear. I figured the chances of all speakers blowing up were pretty remote. But through all the reading I've done here at TalkBass, I'm starting to question my set-up. Bass is a Peavey T-40.(soon to be a Lakland 55-01! :) )
  2. Razor

Sep 22, 2002
    Nah..those cab's can take a lot more than the 3500 can give. FWIW until I had my older Hartke 7000 properly serviced it had some problems...after a servicing I must say it's an awesome head with tons of power. I think the cab setup you're running should be just fine but you might check the drivers/speakers in each cab if it's making weird sounds...might have a bad speaker.
  3. BenFranklin

Oct 1, 2003
    Thanks for your reply Razor. Yeah, I've always had a bit of trouble with my 3500. But lately, it's been unbearable. A local music store owner actually told me that he doesn't carry Hartke anymore because he had nothing but problems with them. But reading through the forum, most people here seem to be quite happy their Hartkes. Hope my service guy gets the bugs out of mine.

Thanks again for your help! :)
  4. Hey Ben, I use the Transporter cabs also, just so you know, I blew one of the 10's in my 410 cab, and the entire cab quit working.

I biamp, but I don't think that had anything to do with it.

The speakers are wired so when one goes, it stops the power from serging the other 3 speakers.

You might want to check all your speakers and see if they are okay. Just a thought!

5. BenFranklin

Oct 1, 2003
    Thanks Treena! That is good to know about the Transporters. I love these cabs.(when my amp is working properly that is! :) )