Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Hartke H2000 vs. Behringer BX3000T?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by SwitchGear, Oct 15, 2005.

1. SwitchGear

SwitchGear Supporting Member

Mar 23, 2005
    Wisconsin
    I am looking for your opinions comparing the tone differences between these two amps. The Hartke has the hybrid pre-amp, which I believe should give it sweeter tone availability.

I am currently using an Avatar 2X10 Delta cab, 8 ohm for my Jazz/R&B gig.

I'm looking for hands on experiences with these two amps...Thanks much! :bassist:

2. Aj*

Aj*

Jun 14, 2005
    West Yorkshire, UK
    I prefered the Hartke but it was a long time ago so I can't give any more detail. The Hartke is a much more flexible head though.

3. SwitchGear

SwitchGear Supporting Member

Mar 23, 2005
    Wisconsin
    I've researched the Hartke and this model does not have an XLR out. So, I will pursue something else. Perhaps the 3500 model.

4. Aj*

Aj*

Jun 14, 2005
    West Yorkshire, UK
    I have the 3500, imo best head for the money. You may want to consider the Ashdown MAG 300 or 600 too.

5. BurningSkies

BurningSkies CRAZY BALDHEAD

Feb 20, 2005
    Seweracuse, NY
    I'd choose the Hartke over the other...I had a 2000 quite a while ago, and only sold it when I bought a 3500. I used the 3500 as my only amp for over 10 years with some solid road time. Never had it break or ANY problems with it. I still use it in our practice space.

You should check for a used 3500, and I'd think maybe look for a GK RB400 or RB800. I second checking out the Ashdown MAG300 as well.

The GrooveBass 1200 will give you more power, but it will also cost a bit more, and their track record is uncertain as it's a fairly new amp. The initial impression around here has been positive.

6. I sold my Behringer 3000 for a Hartke 2000... In the end the Hartke crapped out, but sounded much better than the behringer. To give the behringer credit though, I never really got a chance to tweak the EQ, it was a last minute replacement for my last tour.