Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Hartke HA 3500 for Big Gigs?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Quadzilla, Mar 20, 2002.

1. Quadzilla

Quadzilla Supporting Member

Hey everyone,

I recently bought a Hartke HA3500. Currently I play thru a 4x10 8 ohm cab. I just ordered a 1x15 8 ohm cab. My question is whether or not the Hartke will be loud enough at medium+ sized gigs? Ratings are 240 watts @ 8 ohm (which is what it is putting out right now with my 4x10) and 350 watts at 4 ohms (which will be what I am running with the 4x10 and the 1x15). So will that be 175 watts per cab or will one cab draw more than the other? Again, will this setup be loud enough for medium sized gigs? My guitarist play thru an old Carvin tube amp with matching 4x12 cab and believe it or not that sucker is loud (but I can pretty much keep up now).

Thanks,
    Quad

2. Zirc

Zirc

May 13, 2001
    Los Angeles
    Yeah it'll be 175 watts per cab, but that's 350 watts total, which is pretty loud :p

3. Hi:
    I actually have the same head (the compressor IMO -is useless), and it drives a Hartke 1 X15cab and 2 X10 cab.
    Yes its plenty loud, and you should be able to fill a medium sized room w/ no additional miking. But I would have to ask if your gonna mike a cab(s) to go to the board, or go Direct out instead.
    Depending on how the room is shaped/filled, etc i suspect the head will work fine for you. I've had mine since 93, so far so good.
    my opinion
    frank

4. I use a 3500 with my guitarist running through a Johnson Millennium at 150 watts, and I have no problem keeping up with him.
    I am using a Hartke 410XL and an Ampeg 115 (combined 4 ohms).

5. Quadzilla

Quadzilla Supporting Member

Thanks for the info guys!!!!!

Quad