Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Hartke HA 3500 FS/FT (mostly FT)

Discussion in '[OLD FORUM] Bass Guitars, Amps, and Accessories: F' started by Korey, Feb 5, 2005.

1. Korey

Korey

Oct 29, 2003
    Lexington, KY
    What we have here is my Hartke HA 3500. I have had this amp for about 2 years now. For the last year it has been my "mobile head", since it is much lighter than my Mesa/Boogie 400+. I used it with my SWR Goliath III 4x10 cab. I don't really need to sell the Hartke, but I recently revamped my "mobile" rig, and bought a BBE BMAX preamp and Crown poweramp to replace this guy (you can see in the pics). It just sits around now. I would much rather trade than sell outright.

The story
    I came across this amp one day at a local music store. It wasn't for sale at the store, but a guy was trying to hash a deal on a new amp, but the clerk wouldn't deal with him on a trade for the Hartke. I followed the dude to the parking lot, and made him a better offer on the amp than the store did, and he bit. Now I have a Hartke.

My impression
    I know that alot of people flame newer Hartkes, and I was skeptical at first, but after a while of playing it, I realized that those people where off base. I will say that that It's kind of a one trick pony. Honestly, I would compare this amp directly to an Ampeg SVT III. Similar controls, features, and sound. Alot less money. In my 2 years, and from what the guy I bought it from says, it's rock solid as far as reliablity goes.

The features/specs
    Hartke's Website
    350 Watts at 4 Ohms, 240 Watts at 8 Ohms
    Tube & Solid-State Preamps with dual gain knobs (to blend each just how you like them)
    Rotary Bass & Treble Controls
    10-Band Graphic Eq (with in/out switch)
    Adjustable Compression (I didn't find the compressor super usefull)
    Balanced XLR Out
    Effects Send & Return
    Passive/Active Input Jack
    This one comes with the rack ears and not the corner "protectors" that are pictured on the Hartke website.

The Deal
    Like I said, I'm not dead set on selling the amp. I'd much rather trade it for something else. I'd rather have stuff than money. I'd go for a good rack tuner, or power conditioner. I'd like to have another guitar (mabe a tele knock off, I really like SX's cheap guitars), or another bass (possibly a cheap 5er out there?). Muisc stuff in general. I'm getting into percussion too. I'm also into home theather, and, well loud things in general. If it comes to cash, I think it's worth $225 (+ shipping)

The condition
    Everything on the amp is in perfect working condition. Cosmeticly, it's not as perfect. There are scratches on the top from the original owner. I've babied it (I'm pretty anal about all of my gear). It lived the 2 years that I had it in the rack that you can see in the pics (now occupied by my new rig). As you can see from the pics, this thing still has the stickers on it from when it was new (including the price tag on the bottom). Price new was 399.99 if i recall correctly.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Korey

Korey

Oct 29, 2003
    Lexington, KY
    I'd also like a 1x15 cab, spacificly a SWR Son of Bertha to match my Goliath III.

Feel free to contact me via PM, email, or AIM (that aim button across from my name).

3. Korey

Korey

Oct 29, 2003
    Lexington, KY
    or a fender style tweed case. Seriously, make some offers, I want all kinds of stuff.

4. Korey

Korey

Oct 29, 2003
    Lexington, KY
    A few good offers, some others that werent so good. Keep em comin.

5. Korey

Korey

Oct 29, 2003
    Lexington, KY
    offers trailed off. Hit the 'bay today. PM me for link