Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Hartke HA 7000 Opinions

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Quadzilla, Apr 12, 2002.

1. Quadzilla

Quadzilla Supporting Member

Hello everyone!

I recently bought a used Hartke HA 7000 (2 channels, 350 watts each channel) off of Ebay with a rack bag for $405 (in mint condtion)! Anyway, the price was right, but what is the overall opinion/s of this head unit? I know that is has enough power for most situations, but what about tone, adjustability, reliabilty, etc? Thanks much in advance!

2. Quadzilla

Quadzilla Supporting Member

Bumpedie bump...........

3. I Picked up a HA-7000 for $100 about 6 months ago. I am running Bi-amped through a Genz benz 2-10 and a Carvin 1-18. I really love the sound of it. I tried many other heads ad cabs but this setp is really wjat i was looking for in amy sound. It will get WAAAYY loud. My one guitarist is very crank happy. He gets to the point hwhere i cant stand near him on the stage cause my ears start ringing.. with ear plugs in. But I am usually around 3 on the pre and 2-3 on the power if that to keep up. I really like my Hartke I find i can get a wide rane of tones out of it.. But in the end it comes down to what you think of it when you get yours.

T. Brookins likes this.
  4. PhatBasstard

PhatBasstard Spector Dissector Supporting Member

Feb 3, 2002
    Las Vegas, NV.
    I've had my 7000 since 1993. I love it and the only trouble I had was I replaced the power switch twice so now I just turn it on and off with the Furman rack strip. I think I'm about due to replace the tube in the pre-amp:( but the warm distortion I'm inadvertantly getting from it is kind of nice:) so maybe not;) .

T. Brookins likes this.
  5. Another satisfied Hartke 7000 owner here.
    Had mine about 7 months and love the Bi-Amped sound through a pair of Hartke 410 & 115 XL’s.
    More power than I will ever need, and rarely need to go over 2 on the master volume with preamp gain settings at about 12 o-clock with graphic off.
    Had lots of high-end amps over the years and this 7000 stands up with them all.
    A very good value head IMO.

T. Brookins likes this.