1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Hartke HA2500 low volume & distorsion

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Hill Valley, Nov 16, 2010.

1. Hill Valley

Hill Valley

Nov 16, 2010
    High Wycombe
    Studio Manager, Hill Valley Studios
    Hi

I have a Hartke HA2500 combo that only emits a very low distorted signal... Been working fine for 2 yrs and just went pop...

Any suggestions where I might start!?

Thanks

Dave

2. caden000

caden000

Jul 7, 2010
    Denver, CO
    sounds like a blown or burnt out preamp tube to me. open it up and check the 12ax7 (they are cheap to replace, so no biggie)

3. RickenBoogie

RickenBoogie

Jul 22, 2007
    Dallas, TX
    could also be a blow spkr. have it looked at by a pro amp tech.

4. hartba

hartba

Mar 1, 2011
    I just started working on one of these today. One side of the power amp section is dead. It sounds OK at very low volume but turning it up causes it to distort and not get much louder. From the initial check it looks like one of the 80wv 6800uf capacitors are bad, but I won't be sure until I replace it and keep checking. Either way there's voltage to two of the Amplifier IC's and nothing to the other two. I'll keep you posted if I'm able to fix it.

5. madmatt

madmatt

Apr 28, 2009
    2500 does not have a tube in it.

6. spaz21387

spaz21387

Feb 25, 2008
    Portland oregon
    you said 2 years right? larry hartke should be in here soon to help you i think theres a 3 year warranty on hartke stuff if i remember right

7. Larry Hartke

Larry Hartke

Feb 27, 2010
    Hartke Systems
    Brother Hill Valley,

Just give me a call or e-mail and I'll get you up and running! 201-680-8153 Cell lahartke@comcast.net Thanks for playing Hartke!

8. Pillgrimm13

Pillgrimm13

Sep 29, 2009
    queensbury ny
    i have a similar problem, the volume knob on my ha1415 crackeled when turned up untill it finally went. the amp turns on and compression registers as working but i dont get any sound from the speaker or head phones. i figure its the volume pot but could it be anything else?