1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Hartke HA3000 users

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by topper, May 2, 2006.

1. I just got a new Hartke HA3000. I was excited to find it because I don't think Hartke makes this model anymore.

I'm looking for advice from users of this amp as far as how you set the EQ and "special shape circuit".

Make sure you include what style of music you play. And it would probably be good to know what kind of cabs you are using.

I'm playing through a Hartke 210XL at the moment (and am looking for a 15).

Thanks!

2. Don't tell me there aren't any proud Hartke users out there to give me some advice on this amp!

3. The 0x

The 0x

Aug 24, 2003
    Timonium, MD
    Fine, I won't tell you then. :p:bag:

4. i dunno, im running the little brother, the HA2500, i can get a decent sound out of it, but im really looking to upgrade it

then again, im not much help am i?

5. I'm playing a Warwick Corvette Standard fretless tuned BEAD through a Hartke 3000 and a Hartke VX115.

My normal venue is a church, with a strong room resonance at about 200 Hz. I usually set the controls as: bass at 9 o'clock: lower mid at about 10 o'clock: upper mid flat: treble flat: shape frequency at 200 Hz: and the shape blend at about 5. Any more gain at the bass end and it starts to boom.

I have a Bill Fitzmaurice Omni 12 in bits in my garage, and I hope that it will give me a better defined bottom end, with less mush and boom.

6. Yeah, I haven't heard anything good about the VX115. I keep looking for a good deal on a 115XL or even a 115TP to add some bottom end to my 210XL.

I have a Yorkville 15 and when I plug it in, the sound is much more round and full than with just the 10s.

Thanks, Mottlefeeder for the tips on how you set your HA3000. Anyone else have some suggestions?

7. BassyBill

BassyBill The smooth moderator... Gold Supporting Member

Mar 12, 2005
    West Midlands UK
    I've used a 3000 with a 2.5xl for smaller gigs for about 12 months. It does a good job, sounds excellent - better than some bigger more expensive rigs I've used in the past. I use the EQ pretty flat, maybe just a touch of mid-cut using the shape control.

The best thing about the setup is having the cab on a stand to angle it up as a stage monitor towards me so I can hear myself without blowing away the rest of the band.

I'm just trying out a more upmarket solution for this sort of gig - a Markbass 210 combo. This tilts back without a stand and weighs a lot less then the 2.5xl cab alone. So it may have advantages...

Markbass pros - more power (280W at 8 ohms compared to about 180 for the 3000), no stand needed to angle back, light weight (44lb compared to 66 lb for the 2.5xl alone!!), more "upmarket" piece of gear than Hartke so I suppose it's better quality.

Markbass cons - if I keep it, it's going to cost me about £800 compared to the £450 or so I paid for the 2.5xl plus 3000 setup. Only tried the Markbass at home so far, sounds good to me, will gig it next week and let y'all know. But whether it's worth double the price of the Hartke setup for the plusses mentioned above remains to be seen. Put like that, your 3000 plus 2.5xl rig is a great little rig and good value. ;)

8. DWBass

DWBass The Funkfather

I own one! My advice, turn those shape controls to zero! All they do is kill the sound IMO! Other than that, it's a decent amp with adequate power! A conservative 300w! I owned a 200w Fender BXR combo I thought was louder!