Hartke ha3500 compressor problem

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Ahoycaptainkay, Nov 29, 2017.

1. Ahoycaptainkay

Ahoycaptainkay

Nov 29, 2017
    I have a Hartke ha3500/vx3500 combo and for a while now the compressor in it hasn't been working at all. The led just stays solid green when turned on. Yesterday I did some spring cleaning on the insides to get all the dust out and when I put it back together and turned it on the compressor actually worked for a brief minute or two(only reacting to half the notes) and then it stopped again. Anyone able to help?

2. Spectre1966

Spectre1966 Striving For Mediocrity Supporting Member

Jul 4, 2014
    Wallingford, CT
    The compressor on the Hartke bass heads is ok, but you might want to consider using a pedal instead. Lots of great compressors out there.

3. If I ever used the compressor on my old HA3500, it would never go up beyond 3. I mostly kept it off. I think the amp sounds fantastic w/o compression.
    I wouldn’t mind picking up another 3500. Love that thing.

4. Thomas Hofman

Thomas Hofman

Feb 24, 2018
    Belgium
    I had the same problem . The compressor potentiometer is a 2 (3) way pot with a swith . The swith is stuck in one position or is not making contact . You heve to desolder it and repair . Or solder a new one in if you find one

5. Thomas Hofman

Thomas Hofman

Feb 24, 2018
    Belgium
    I Had the same problem .The problem was the compressor potentiometer . It is a 2 (3 ) way potentiometer . So its a double potentiometer with a swith a the end . That swith is stuck, malfunctioning . You have to desolder it and repair it . The plastic that makes the swith is rader shabbu so I fixed it with some super glue

6. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

May 19, 2022