Hartke HA3500 mosfet 2x10 combo w/ 1x15 cab for small gig/rehearsal

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by HesNot, Mar 7, 2018.

1. HesNot

HesNot

Jan 23, 2018
    I’ve been looking for an affordable bass rig - I’m sharing bass duties in a new band project - and having just dropped some $ into my guitar setup which is my primary instrument I am trying to keep the costs down (have a Schecter Stiletto Elite 5 bass) so am looking used.

There is a used Hartke HA3500 mosfet 2x10 combo with a 1x15 hartke extension cab locally for what seems like a fair price ($450 OBO) - I’ve read the reviews and the tube/SS preamp mosfet heads seem to get positive reviews and a 2x10/1x15 combo should provide flexibility to use the combo by itself or add the 1x15 for more volume.

For rehearsal - small club/pub gigs at some point - needs to keep up with a pretty heavy hitting drummer and the guitar amps are Marshall DSL2000/4x12 and a Mesa TA30 2x12...

Does this seem like a reasonable price/setup? There are a few HA1200 1x15 combos floating about as well as TC BG250 (gen 1 - 1x15) that are less expensive and more portable but not sure they are as flexible or would keep up...

There’s also a Peavey MkIII and an 8x10 cab for a song but dang that is a lot more amp than my back or wife can tolerate...

2. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

May 26, 2022