Hartke HA3500 vs EBS Classic 500

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Baskes, Apr 1, 2018.

1. Baskes

Baskes

Apr 1, 2018
    Hello everybody, new to the forum.
    I have a recording and rehearsal studio and I would like your opinion about the bass amp.

Now in the studio I have the Hartke HA3500 for almost 10 years and I have the opportunity to get a used EBS Classic 500 in a good price.
    Which one do you think is better for a rehearsal studio, meaning easier to get a good sound and suitable to many sounds from metal to jazz.:smug:
    Which one would you prefer in a rehearsal space?

Thank you in advance!

2. I have the Hartke HA5500, which is the bigger version of the 3500. I find it very versatile and easy to work with. It takes pedals and effects very well. Sounds very big, open and full spectrum. I use mine in a rehearsal studio for most of the time, and I think it really shines.

The EBS I have only tried at low volume in i store, but to my knowledge it is more of a rock n roll amp. Gainy and gritty. It didn't sound bad by any means, but I think the Hartke is the more versatile amp.

Baskes likes this.
  3. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

May 19, 2022