Hartke HA3500

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by waynester, Dec 9, 2016.

Tags:
  1. waynester

waynester

Dec 9, 2016
    New kid in town here...can someone tell me if a Hartke HA3500 can be used as a preamp? Thanks.

2. figuredbass

figuredbass Supporting Member

Jul 11, 2007
    NYC vicinity
    Technically yes, but be advised that if you use the effects send as the output, neither the contour controls nor the graphic equalizer will have any effect on the effects send output since they operate at points further down the signal path. Only the solid state and tube preamps and the compressor can get to the effects send output. If you use the DI/XLR output, then all controls on the amp except the master volume will be effectual at the XLR output (including the graphic EQ as long you select "post" EQ), but the problem here is that the DI signal is far too weak to drive a power amp or a line level input (if that is your intention).

Spectre1966 likes this.
  3. waynester

waynester

Dec 9, 2016
    Yeah, I was afraid of that
    Yeah, I was afraid of that, but I had suspected that as well. Decided against purchasing the unit from a seller on craigslist. Any thoughts on any of GK's MB heads? If I remember correctly, you can use those as a preamp for higher power applications ( ie, into a power amp), except the MB200.

4. figuredbass

figuredbass Supporting Member

Jul 11, 2007
    NYC vicinity
    Yes - the GK MB500's controls all effect it's line output, including the master volume controls and limiter. It will drive a power amp or line level input. Note that the pre/post switch for the DI/XLR will have no effect on the line output, as it will always be sent post EQ.

waynester likes this.
  5. waynester

waynester

Dec 9, 2016
    Outstanding, thanks for all of your help.

figuredbass likes this.
  6. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

May 17, 2022