1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Hartke HA4000 Balanced Out Issue

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by brock300, Feb 28, 2013.

1. brock300

brock300

Feb 28, 2013
    Im a first time poster on this forum, and I hope I am asking this question in the correct area. Here is my question. I am running a Hartke HA4000 amp with an Ampeg B-410HLF. I re-wired my cabinet back into a 4 Ohm setting with new eminence speakers. I am not having any trouble with live sound. My trouble is coming from when I am in the studio or in larger venues where I have to run my balanced out to a board or PA. I am getting a very low static sound through my output. I have tried the ground lift etc and other guitar input jack, but to no avail. I have taken the amp to 2 different amp techs and they say they have pushed the amp through their systems and cant re-create the hum or fuzz. Is there a gounding system in the cab that can cause this problem or is the problem with the Hartke head? I have a huge gig with a national act in 10 days and if I cant get this handled I will have to drop some coin on getting another head. Plz help ASAP! I am playing a 2008 Fender MIJ Jaguar Bass and have went to the extent of changing the jack in the bass as well thinking maybe there was a grounding issue with the guitar but didnt fix the problem. HELP! :rollno:

2. A shot in the dark : try using one of those old adapters used for plugging three-pronged AC plugs into two-pronged sockets. Sometimes isolating the ground like that can help.

3. brock300

brock300

Feb 28, 2013
    Never thought of that. I will give it a try. I caved in and bought an Ampeg Portaflex 500

4. As a diagnostic tool this is reasonable advice. These adapters should never be used as a permanent solution. They are dangerous with a capital D!